Bible Discourse 51 I am the Light of the world…..Before Abraham was, I am.


 Discourse 51
I am the Light of the world…..Before Abraham was, I am.

Then Jesus spake again unto them, saying, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
The Pharisees therefore said unto him, “Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.”
Jesus answered and said unto them, “thou I bear record of myself; yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.  And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.  It is also written in your law, that the testimony  of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.”
Then said they unto him, “Where is thy Father?”
Jesus answered, “Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.”  These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him, for his hour was not yet come.
Then said Jesus again unto them, “I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.”
And he said unto them, “Ye are beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.  I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
Then said they unto him, “Who art thou.”
And Jesus said unto them, “Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.  I have many things to say and to judge of you: but He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.”  They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
Then said Jesus unto them, “When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.  And He that sent me is  with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.”  As he spake these words, many believed on him. 
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, “If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
They answered him, “We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, ‘Ye shall be made free?’
Jesus answered them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, whosoever committeth sin is servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house forever: but the Son abideth ever.  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. I know that ye are the Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
They answered and said unto him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus saith unto them, “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father.”
 Then they said to him, “We be not born of fornication; we have one father, even God.”
Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, ye would love me; for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.  Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word.  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.  He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.  When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin?  And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?  He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”
Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, “Say we not well thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?”
Jesus answered, “I have not a devil; but I honor my Father, and ye do dishonor me.  And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.  “Verily, verily I say unto you, if a man keep my saying, he sall never see death.”
Then said Jews unto him, “Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, ‘If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.’  Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead?  And the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?”
Jesus answered, “If I honor myself, my honor is nothing: It is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that He is your God: Yet ye have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I know Him not, I shall be liar like unto you: but I know Him, and keep His saying.  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.”
Then said the Jews unto him, “Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?”
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was I am.” Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
                                                                              John 8:12—59

Then Jesus spake again unto them, saying, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”  John 8:12

The Creative light of Cosmic Energy emanates out of Christ intelligence. This Christ Intelligence is my own expanded Self.  This physical world has been evolved from this Cosmic Energy.  The devotee must follow this vibratory light in the inner communion of meditation. This will lead the devotee to blissful consciousness, sub-consciousness, super-consciousness,  and then to Christ Consciousness.  Such devotee no longer ‘walk in darkness’. He will not be blinded by ignorance. He will not be limited by human consciousness. Their life force unites with the Cosmic Light, Cosmic Energy. The OM or the word or Holy Ghost is the Creative Power. This OM is the life principle of all living beings. This Creative Power is potentially present an all these objects.
“In him i.e. the word i.e., OM was the life. and the life i.e. OM was the light of men/women. And the light i.e., OM shineth in darkness. And the darkness comprehended it not.. That was (OM) the true light which lighteth every man/woman that cometh into the world.”
“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men/women loved darkness (ignorance) rather than light (OM), because  their deeds were evil.”   
                                                                       John 1:4—5, 9
An ordinary person is aware of his body consciousness, and life force only.  The advanced souls feel their body is this whole Physical universe.  All pervading Cosmic Energy is the life in the veins their universal body.  The Infinite Christ Consciousness is the indwelling Self.
Jesus’ ‘I am’ is  the subjective intelligence i.e., the Christ Consciousness of this universe. 
East and West is mentioned in the scripture as ‘darkness’.  Because effulgent Spirit-essence is obscured here.  By deep meditation the spiritual eye in Christ Consciousness centre in the forehead is opened. With this light of spiritual eye or single eye the darkness of delusion is dispelled. The devotes roams at large not in gross matter but also in much higher luminous structure of Cosmic energy and intelligence.
Thus Jesus called himself  the ‘light of world’, and also he said, ‘he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness.’  Jesus prophesied: “Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.”
Christians of merely theological understanding limit Jesus to a form or a human figure.  Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Vivekananda, Yogananda, Lahiri Mahasaya. Swami Sri Yukteswarji, Mahavatar Babaji, etc., are not human forms.  But only with meditation you will comprehend them and their consciousness with universal and omnipresent consciousness.
In self erected temple of meditation and in the altar of Self-realization, You can bring within your own soul a ‘second coming’ of Christ Consciousness that was in Jesus.         

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, “Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.”
Jesus answered and said unto them, “thou I bear record of myself; yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.  And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.  It is also written in your law, that the testimony  of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.”                         John 8:13—18
Jesus extolled has not extolled his Physical body, but the Universal Consciousness within it.
Jesus said: My mind is not limited by physical ego. I knew my incarnations. So I will merge again into that formless Omnipresent Omniscience. I can testify my nature of Christ Consciousness. Egoistical people feel more than their capability. I can behold every soul after the infinite. I do not judge anybody according to physical appearance. I use my Christ Intelligence to judge. I do not judge as per human law. I am one witness to the truth I speak. And the Father beareth witness of me.
Egoistical persons are wont to exaggerate their merits.
   
Then said they unto him, “Where is thy Father?”
Jesus answered, “Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.”  These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him, for his hour was not yet come.
                                                                               John 8:19—20
If you commune with Christ Consciousness by meditation then You would have communed with me. Then you would have known my Father, Cosmic Consciousness, within me. My Father only is reflecting in me.
Then said Jesus again unto them, “I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.”
And he said unto them, “Ye are beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.  I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”       John 8:21—24

Jesus said: You follow me i.e., Christ Consciousness in me failing which you will suffer in bad karma in several incarnations till you realize and follow me.  “You belong to this material world. Mine is the liberated soul presently encased in this body as per the order my Father.  That is why I told you, ‘you would die in your sins i.e., bad karma.’  You did not believe in Christ Consciousness within me.
‘I am from above’ of Jesus’ words signifies that he is a liberated soul and belong to vibration less sphere and this belongs to God.  Jesus said, ‘I am not of this world’. Here Jesus signifies that his Christ Consciousness was Omnipresent in triune Physical-astral-causal Cosmos and not tied to one tiny clod of earth in physical space called ‘the world.’
Jesus said : ‘I am He’.  By this Jesus’ means he is one with Absolute Being. i.e. He is Brahman.
That absolute Self abiding in the transcendental effulgence, verily, I am He.  Isa Upanishad.  
Aham Brahmasmi.  I am Brahman—Spirit.
Ayam atma Brahma.  This Self is Spirit.
Tat twam asi.     Thou art That.
Aham saha or Ham saha.  I am He.  
These are potent Sanskrit syllables that possess a vibratory connection with the incoming and outgoing breath.  Man unconsciously asserts the truth of being ‘I am He.’
 
Jesus was one with Cosmic Consciousness—the Father or Absolute Being (Brahman). Jesus said, ‘for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins’  means they with their physical bodies and not attaining transcendent states in meditation cannot know their true self, the soul, which is a reflection of Spirit (I am He).   
Jesus said, ‘ I go my way…whither I go, ye cannot come.”
 So also Bhagavan Sri Krishna said in Gita.
Yatra kaaletwanaa vrutti maa vrutti chaiva yoginah
Prayaataa yaanti tamkaalam vakshyaami Bharatarshabha   Gita 8—23

Hey the best among Bharata clan, by traversing which path the yogis are not reborn, and the path by which they are getting rebirth, I shall narrate you, listen.

Sukla Krishna gateehyete Jagatah Saaswate Mate
Ekayaa yaatmanaa vritti manyayaa vartate punah            Gita 8—26
These two paths of earth are eternal. The Sukla Paksha leads to Janmarahitya, not entangling birth and death cycle.
The Krishna paksha leads to rebirth.
 Agni means Kundalinee life force. Meditating Yogi or Sadhak has to achieve the control of life force. Meditating Yogi or the sadhak who achieved this control of life force, his course of travel will be light or Cosmic consciousness i.e., he will travel towards Sahasrarachakra. This way or path is called Sukla (white) Yaanam (travel).  Here day means third eye. The sadhak beholds this third eye in his Kootastha.  Six  months Uttaraayan means travelling up in the six chakras, Moolaadhaara, Swadhistaana, Manipura, Anaahata, Visuddha, and Agna Chakras. North (Uttara) is Sahasraara chakra. In these the sadhak will experience six different types of experiences. 
This way, the life force and consciousness of Sadhak will travel towards North. It will cross three spinal cords, Sushumna, Vajra, and Chitri. Finally it will cross the most subtle spinal cord, Brahmanadi in Karanasareera, gets united with God, the Parabrahman. He will get rid of circuit of mundane existence.
In ordinary people, the life and consciousness will travel downwards i.e., dark path, Krishnaayaana maarg.
Smoke means Ignorance, night means the state of ignorance, six months Dakshinaayanam means the life force and consciousness travels down from Aagnaa, Visuddha, Anaahata, Manipura, Swaadhistaana, and Moolaadhaara chakraas. So travelling the cosmic consciousness degraded into utter human consciousness and entangles in this circuit of mundane existence firmly without any moor.   Moolaadhaara chakra is South.
When Jeeva transmigrates from one body into another body, he will carry his subtle body along with Ignorant Kaaranasareera (Ideabody), desires, actions (Karma), and pancha mahabhootaas (Five electricities) i.e. Ether, Air, Fire, water, and earth.. 
The Idea body will have top secret invisible chip called Chitragupta chittaa. It contains all data about the Jeeva.
Jeeva means the impure soul containing the above said traits.
Jeeva will travel through ether, Air, smoke, the rainy clouds. Then through grains he becomes food and enters the man who consumes that food. That form is called Annaswaroopa.
From that body of man who has taken the food, he will enter into vagina of lady with whom this man has cohabited as Shukla, sperm.  There he will combine with Sonitam, ovum, of Lady. 
The subtle body, the subtle portions of tainted panchabhootas,  the results of good and bad actions, desires in the form of traits, Jeeva with three Gunaas are co-travelers till one gets liberated.

Jesus’ ‘way of light’ is liberation in Spirit. Saint Paul testified, “I protest by our rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.”  

Then said they unto him, “Who art thou.”
And Jesus said unto them, “Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.  I have many things to say and to judge of you: but He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.”  They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.           John 8:25—27

Jesus said: I am He. In truth I am that. I have many things to declare. I must pass judgment about you. You cannot judge God through your physical senses. You can perceive God through intuition. I speak to you about the Father. I have come here to tell you about the Father about whom you do not know. 

Then said Jesus unto them, “When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.  And He that sent me is  with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.”  As he spake these words, many believed on him.                                  John  8:28—30

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in wilderness, even so the Son of man be lifted up.”  John3:14
Jesus said: ““When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he”.  Jesus means that when his consciousness is lifted up from Son of the man consciousness in deep meditation, then he realized his Son of the Father consciousness.  Then when further proceeded, then he has realized the reflection of Cosmic Consciousness within him. My human consciousness, Jesus explained, always pleases the Father and is in tune with His wishes.   
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, “If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”                                      John 8:31—32

Jesus said to some his trusted disciples: Continue in my word, be tuned to Cosmic vibration through meditation. Then only you know the truth, you know about yourself, the mystery of life, and the drama of cosmos. Then only you will be my true disciple (s).  

They answered him, “We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, ‘Ye shall be made free?’
Jesus answered them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, whosoever committeth sin is servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house forever: but the Son abideth ever.  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. I know that ye are the Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.                                                        John 8:33—38
Jesus said: Attunement with Christ Consciousness makes one free from all karma.  A man cannot be bonded in servitude permanently to bad karma. You must remember that your consciousness is the everlasting Son of the Father consciousness.
He tod his distracters that you are thedescendents of Abraham. You are all made in the image of my Father.  You become the servant of your bad karma. That is why you wanted to kill me.  You are temporarily servile to bad karma and hence in bondage. My words are of the wisdom of Heavenly Father.

They answered and said unto him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus saith unto them, “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father.”
 Then they said to him, “We be not born of fornication; we have one father, even God.”
Jesus said unto them, “If God were your Father, ye would love me; for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.  Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word.  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.  He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.  When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin?  And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?  He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”     John 8:39—47

Jesus said: In meditation you knew God was your Father.  Because of the God consciousness within me you would love me. You do not possess God tuned consciousness. Hence you do not comprehend the truth.  Because of your compelling/impelling Satanic habits you don’t heed to my words. Your evil habits only have invited the cosmic delusion of Fatan to guide you.
The devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of devil.    First Epistle of St. John 3:8

Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, “Say we not well thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?”
Jesus answered, “I have not a devil; but I honor my Father, and ye do dishonor me.  And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.  “Verily, verily I say unto you, if a man keep my saying, he sall never see death.”  John 8:48—51

Jesus said: Do regular sincere dedicated meditation. You will get the changeless state free from the changeful illusions of life and death.

Then said Jews unto him, “Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, ‘If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.’  Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead?  And the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?”
Jesus answered, “If I honor myself, my honor is nothing: It is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that He is your God: Yet ye have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I know Him not, I shall be liar like unto you: but I know Him, and keep His saying.  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.”                                 John 8:52—56

 If a man keep my saying (remain unbroken in the Christ Consciousness), he shall never see death.  This is not immortal life in the physical body—a monotonous confinement one would hardly mete out to a sinner, musch less a saint.  The illumined man of whom Christ spoke is one who has awakened from the deathly trance of ignorance to eternal life.
                                          Autobiography of a Yogi Paramahamsa Yogananda.
Jesus said: To honor my body and my ego is futile and is of no use. It is the Heavenly Father in me that has accepted my life and actions. You do  know nothing of God but I know Him.
Remember, the whole world may condemn me but my God the Father, I am extremely happy, the whole world may acclaim me but my Father, then I am extremely unhappy. 
The Christ Consciousness within Abraham, is now within me.
Jesus expressed deep thruth that ‘your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.”  Jesus could feel exactly what Abraham felt in the day, or light of Abraham’s divine realization, long before the Jesus’ body was born on earth.
  
Then said the Jews unto him, “Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?”
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was I am.” Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.  John 8:57—59

Jesus said: Verily, by the eternal, ever present Christ Consciousness within me, I behold no division of past, present, or future. They were annihilated. Except God nothing exists. So Jesus proclaimed, ‘Before Abraham was, I am.
Time governs the universe which is nothing but illusion. No man can overcome this influence except him who, blessed with pure love, the heavenly gift of nature, becomes divine; being baptized in the sacred stream Pranava (the holy OM vibration), he comprehends the kingdom of God.
From OM (Pranava, the Word, the manifestation of Omnipotent Force), come Kala, Time: Desa, Space: and Anu, the Atom (the vibratory structure of creation)….In its different aspects OM presents the idea of change, which is Time, Kala, in the ever unchangeable; and the idea of division, which is Space, Desa, in the Ever-Indivisible.  The ensuing the effect is the idea of particles—the innumerable atoms, patra or anu.  These four—the Word, Time, Space, and the Atom—are therefore one and the same, and substantially nothing but mere ideas.
Man achieves salvation by dissolving the four original ideas…primal thoughts by which creation sprang into being. This transcendent state is attained by higher Yoga meditation, and takes his consciousness through Brahmarandhra, the door between two creations, material and spiritual. When Ego, the son of man, comes to the door, he comprehends the Spiritual Light and becomes baptized therein.  And passing through this door he comes above the ideational creation of Darkness, Maya, entering into the spiritual world, receives the true Light and becomes the Son of God.
Vedaaham samateetaani vartamaanaani chaarjuna
Bhavishyaani cha bhootaani maam tu vedana kaschana   Gita 7—26

He Arjun, I am the knower of all the living and non living things in the past, present, and future. But no one knows me.
Man will trust that this physical world and present tense is truth and all else is untruth which is a fallacy.

Jesus said: I am present before Abraham was, I am present in the here and now, and being all-pervading I am conscious of my presence in the infinite future.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mantrapushpam with Telugu meaning మంత్రపుష్పం

49 Maruts mentioned by Sri Sri Yogiraj LahiriMahasya Maharaj

Shree vidya upaasana