Bible Discourse 66 The hour is come, that the son of man should be glorified.


Discourse 66
The hour is come, that the son of man should be glorified.

And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, “Sir, we would see Jesus.”  Philip cometh and telleth Andrews: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.
And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.  Verily, verily I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it, and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

“Now is my soul is troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour, Father, glorify Thy name.”  

Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, “An angel spake to him.”
Jesus answered and said, “This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me,”  This he said, signifying what death he should die.

The people answered him, “We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, “The Son of man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of man?’
Then Jesus said unto them, “Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.  While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.”  These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, “Lord, who hath believed our report? And to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
Therefore they could not believe, because that Isaiah said again, “He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart, that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart; and be converted, and I should heal them.”  These things said Isaiah, when he saw His glory, and he spake of Him.
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Jesus cried and said, “He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on Him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me.  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words hath one that judgeth him in the last day.  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me. He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.  And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
                                                                     John 12:20—50
 
And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, “Sir, we would see Jesus.”  Philip cometh and telleth Andrews: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.
And Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.  Verily, verily I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it, and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.           John 12:20—26

Jesus spoke again before the Passover feast in Jerusalem of the impending divine drama of his life.
“Agreeable to his infinite knowledge, Jesus singles out, from among so many thousands of seeds, almost the only one that dies, in the earth: and which therefore was an exceeding proper similitude, peculiarly adapted to the purpose for which he uses it.  The like is not to be found in any other grain, except millet, and the large bean.”         John Wesley
“The time is coming nearer to glorify my body into Spirit. But first—unless a grain of wheat is thrust is thrust into the ground and dies, it cannot multiply itself. But if the grain is buried, it will rise anew as a plant abundant in fruit. Jesus speaks that his sacrifice on the cross would benefit the world. The person should get rid of attachments.  He will find his consciousness transmuted by salvation into Eternal life. Jesus said: To serve the Spirit which is within Jesus, they should follow his consciousness.    

“Now is my soul is troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour, Father, glorify Thy name.”  John 12:27—28
 Jesus said: Now my soul is troubled because the time of my great ordeal is nearing.  But what shall I say? Shall I pray to the Father to save me from this dark hour? Jesus declared:  Heavenly Father, inspire my wishes to continue to Thy wishes. Let Thy name be glorified. Thy kingdom be made manifest through my ordeal.    

Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, “An angel spake to him.”
Jesus answered and said, “This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me,”  This he said, signifying what death he should die.                           John 12:28—33
When Jesus prayed, “Father, glorify Thy name, manifest the glory of Thy presence through the all-pervading Cosmic Vibration,” immediately  the disciples heard the Holy Vibration, audible as significant sounds from the ether. God’s voice responded: I have glorified My name as the Holy Ghost Vibration. People around Jesus confirmed hearing one sound or the other. 
Jesus prophesied according to Cosmic law of karma, the prince (Christ Consciousness) of this world would be cast out (would be ejected) from the body of Jesus. “What death he should die”.  Jesus added, “And I, and if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, ‘Thou art My beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.’”     Luke 3:21—22
Of the works of Jesus that would manifest the salvation bestowing Holy Ghost, John the Baptist had declared: “I indeed baptize you with water into repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier tha I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.”        Matthew 3:11

The people answered him, “We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, “The Son of man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of man?’
Then Jesus said unto them, “Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.  While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.”  These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.                                           John 12:34—36
“Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.”                          Isaiah 9:7
The people are not willing to believe in Jesus. They would not understand the difference between the Christ who abideth forever, and the Son of man who must be lifted up into the divine light of Christ Consciousness.  He taught the people in the temple of Jerusalem, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Guru’s guidance is required to follow the spiritual path.  “walketh in darkness and knoweth not whither he goeth.”

“His disciples requested : ‘Teach us about the place where you live, for we must seek it.’
“He said: ‘He who has ears to hear, let him hear. There is Light in a Man of Light, who gives Light to the world. If he does not give Light, there is only darkness.’”
                                                    Gospel of Thomas
Jesus urged his disciples: With all your might strive to be one with the Light in me, that you also may be children of divine wisdom and immortality as I am. 

But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: That the saying of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, “Lord, who hath believed our report? And to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
Therefore they could not believe, because that Isaiah said again, “He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart, that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart; and be converted, and I should heal them.”  These things said Isaiah, when he saw His glory, and he spake of Him.
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.        John 12:37—43

Illumined saints and prophets like Isaiah perceive God directly and proclaim His holy word: “He saw His glory, and spake of Him.” Yet “who hath believed our report? And to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
“The Lord hath made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God….Behold, My servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and very high….So shall he sprinkle many nations…”               Isaiah 52:10—15
Man loses the grace of God, when he gives importance to material things than God.
Jesus cried and said, “He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on Him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me.  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words hath one that judgeth him in the last day.  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me. He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.  And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
                                                                                     John 12:20—50
Jesus repeatedly told his followers that he was in union with God the Father. His physical self was Christ Consciousness, and behind that was Cosmic Consciousness.  I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
For God sent not His Son into the world to comdemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.               John 3:17
I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
                                                                                           John 8:28
Jesus said: He that rejecteth me , and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
At the end of their lives, those who did not listen to me will understand the foolishness of their evil actions. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me.  Father gave me a commandment as what to speak and what not to speak. I know that His commandment is everlasting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mantrapushpam with Telugu meaning మంత్రపుష్పం

49 Maruts mentioned by Sri Sri Yogiraj LahiriMahasya Maharaj

Shree vidya upaasana